New to Cabin Charter Sailing?
Below you will find an overview on how it works, costs, and other basics. To summarize, it is great way to explore new destinations, meet people, and experience some spectacular sailing.
– Cabin Charter Sailing (CCS) allows you to charter a berth or cabin(s).
– traditional charters require that you charter the entire yacht (also can with CCS).
– we organize and contract the yacht size and type that fits your interest – anywhere!
– we find other participants to join if your group does not fill the yacht,
– or, you join an upcoming charter listed in Cabins Open by taking a cabin or two.
– we offer a sailing adventure at a lower cost by chartering cabins, no overhead costs.
– any number can charter the entire yacht and choose the location.
– you can sail on a bigger yacht for less cost by taking a cabin(s)
– the first to contact us chooses the location.
– the group can decide on which ports and islands to visit.
– are usually a bit outgoing, adventuresome – sailing skills not required
– can participate, learn more sailing skills or enjoy the ride
– enjoy otherwise inaccessible and beautiful seaside places; secluded coves or bustling waterfronts
– don’t mind sharing a sailboat with like-minded people
Do and Don’ts:
– we do have fun and some like to enjoy their ‘sundowners’ but these are not booze-cruises
– Captain is responsible for the boat and crew while underway
– meals are up to the group; onboard or on land
– most yachts have queen bed cabins; a few also have one double bunk cabin
– the cost depends on size, location, duration and type of yacht:
– larger yachts with full cabins lower the cost per person
– some parts of the Mediterranean are pricier than others; some ports have fees
– catamarans are more expensive than monohulls of similar length and age
– average costs run from $800 — $1700 per person per week; depends on the yacht and if one or two people in a double cabin
– the group provisions for food it wants onboard before we start
– most prefer dinner on land to enjoy the local cuisine
– a cook and/or hostess can be hired
– watersport equipment & diving arrangement can be made
– port slips or mooring costs and fuel are divided by the group
– a $200 fully refundable deposit starts the process unless you join an existing sail
– we search for those interested in your sail, if needed
– once we have the minimum group, usually 2 cabins, we charter the yacht
– upon you selecting your yacht, 50% of your cabin cost is paid; this includes the skipper’s cost
– the balance is paid 6-8 weeks before the sailing date